Monday, September 30, 2013

The Spirit Changes People

Momma,
Thanks for the e-mail! I love it. I'm so very thankful you were "straight up" with me about grandma. That helps. I feel like I'm right at home. Except useless to help. :( but when all else fails, pray harder, right? <--- Oh that's good. I should make a Mormon t-shirt outta that one!
Well let me tell you about my week. As was yours, mine went by very fast. Which is good. I like it. Means things are goin good.

This week was just incredible. Last night we had some spare time to go check on some investigators. As we walked we were led and guided every step of the way by the Holy Ghost. He told us to turn here and to go there, knock on this door and to stop and pray for a sec. As we heeded these promptings we were brought to a house were we met an extended family of about seven, all over the age of lets say 15. They invited us in, we introduced ourselves and began to recite the message of the Restoration. Immediately the Spirit enveloped the entire room as Elder Cassler and I taught in perfect unity. You could see the sincere interest and desire to listen. That is what the Spirit does. We are invited back. I'm not sure if all will make it to the baptismal font at this time but I know at least one will-- and that means everything. The Lord wanted us there. And to have physically seen the Spirit working with that family was worth my whole mission. That's why I'm here. The Spirit changes people.
So many things I've learned on my mission. Mom, you're gonna have a heart attack when you see how much I've changed. I love working in the yard and as occasion permits I'll probably be willing to work in the Community Garden for I have found a new love for farming. I know-- shocker. It took the South to do it to me. (No promises though. This document cannot be used in a court of law.)

I just love service and doing hard work. I feel like I've grown up. Although I still hate getting pet hair on me and I don't necessarily enjoy cleaning-- some things will never change.

So I must say, Bomb-diggity watch! I don't know how you were able to guess that I would wear that but-- wow you're good! Oh and the card made me super trunky. Only 13 months! I loved the shirt and the food is perfect! Healthy and sweet. You guessed totally right on everything you put in there. Does my momma know me or what?

Anyway, thanks for everything Momma. I love you. Tell the fam I love them! Tell Jonny I said, happy by the way you're old day (b-day).

No comments:

Post a Comment