Thursday, September 19, 2013

"It's like completing a 4th and long and getting it called back because of holding..."

Hey Momma!
Sorry that I wasn't able to let you know that I wasn't gonna be able to write you on Monday but we never heard back from Prez if we could or not.

We went to the temple yesterday! AMAZING! Oh my goodness it was just what I needed. All my concerns just vanished the second I stepped in. I had a lot on my mind but POOF! All gone. In the dressing room my watch broke and not one upset or frustrated bone in my body. I just looked at it lying on the floor and just laughed to myself. I missed that place. I didn't want to leave. I sat there forever with a few other missionaries and the temple president had to come in and kick us out. haha. He said it in the nicest way possible. He walked in, looked at us, smiled, and said, "Are your rides waiting on you?" We all smiled and left. What beauty is radiated there. It just changed me. Gave me a new view. A new charge.

The rest of the week just pales in comparison. We found some new people. Had some outstanding lessons and learned a lot about some of our investigators and their progress. There was a really cool thing that happened earlier in the week but then she dropped us so... not really worth sharing anymore. It's like completing a 4th and long and getting it called back because of holding.

It's kind of weird, an investigator drops us and I just kind of say and feel like, "Oh well," and go onto the next task at hand. I thought I was supposed to be devastated. My heart is most definitely in the work but I just feel like my immediate response to disappointment is apathy. Better than sulking and not being able to move on I suppose.

It happened right after we got out of the temple. It didn't bring me down like I thought it should. I was still on that spiritual high. haha. Can't anything on this world get to those heights.

I am enjoying the work down here. It's hot and not many people are receptive but it never ceases to amaze me, the tender mercies of the Lord. We are having a long, hard day but as we show diligence and keep on keepin on, it is at the very last moment, before we give in that the Lord puts something in our path. It may not be something that will go anywhere in the future but for that moment we were able to witness a miracle and that gave light and purpose to all our work. Happens day after day, week after week, and month after month. I love it.
-Elder Wheatley
p.s. transfers are the second week of October
that front door to our house in bomb diggity! perfect color!
Hope all is well. Say hi to Rach for me. Tell her I said no husband until I can check him out first.

I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment