Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Master Mechanic

So this week was a real growing week for me. Something happened out here that was a big misunderstanding and it almost affected the status of where we are currently serving. No worries though. Like I said, it was a big misunderstanding. But I learned something in high school, believe it or not, that truly helped me discern the actions I needed to take. Let's say something broke and you broke it. Nobody knows you broke it yet it's still broke. Now there are two choices you can make. You can run and hide and hope no one finds out it was you OR you can man up and fix what was broken. With the first choice, you may have saved yourself from embarrassment but the fact is, it's still broken-- not to mention the guilt that would always follow you. With choice number two, the fact you chose to fix it says something. You chose to take upon you shame and ridicule for a moment in order to fix what shouldn't have happened in the first place. Now it's fixed.

I can't help but think of what the Savior has done for me. For all of us. Throughout life we put ourselves in situations that, alone, we cannot fix. But there is one who can fix it. The Master Mechanic, our brother, Jesus Christ. I owe everything to Him yet all He charges is a broken heart and a contrite spirit. His repairs are available to all at the same universal cost. Let us all be partakers of His miraculous atonement.


-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment