Monday, September 2, 2013

"A kid in a candy shop happy"

Hi Momma!

:)

I felt very accomplished as a missionary this week. Baptism for Erica, Sister Lindsey back to church, and a tan! I also found out that I was going to be able to go to the temple!

Sunday was incredible. Sister Lindsey was at church and she bore her testimony about being reconverted to the gospel after being away for a while and "feeling it" all over again for a second time. "That's what the gospel's all about," she said. It was a very special moment with
Wheatley, Arkansas
tears in my eyes. It was and is an amazing experience teaching Erica Reynolds in the Lindsey home and seeing not only her become converted but the entire Lindsey family.

We've been on bikes this week so it's been a little hectic trying to get a baptism put together but it was fun. We biked to the church quite frequently trying to get things situated. I think my companion was ready to kill me because I love hoppin on my bike at any chance I can get.

I was named District Leader and it really has been a blessing as I have been learning from other missionaries. It's been very humbling in the few days I've been able to act as such. It makes me want to work harder here in Lonoke in order to be the example. I love all the missionaries in the district already and love working with them. They all seem to be smart and taught right. Tomorrow is the first District Meeting I have to put together and I don't have the DL book to teach me what to do. So i'm goin in blind but with the Holy Ghost as my guide. I was preparing my lesson this morning and the Spirit was so strong. I could teach for 3 hours with what I have prepared! I'm excited. I prayed for help in what I should teach and everything was just coming to me. Then, the crazy cool thing, the AC kicked on and blew my scripture pages to a verse highlighted in Alma that I can close with that works perfect! It was so cool!

Well we only have one computer today cause we're at a member's house because the library is closed so I better get off so that my comp can write.

I love you more!

btw: BEST PACKAGE EVER! So cool! I wish I could watch! AHHHH! I miss BYU sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for everything! so happy!

oh and guess what???? --- I went to Wheatley, Ar!
between how this week went, the package, and Wheatley, Ar.... kid in a candy shop happy!

Much Love,


-Elder Wheatley

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Wheatley,
    My name is Monica Jones and I am a friend of your parents. Your wonderful mom served her mission in my Ward back in the 80's. I've met you a few times but not sure you would remember me. I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoy your letters and your enthusiasm is overwhelming! You are serving in a blessed area. My husband served in the Tennessee area and absolutely loved it. We wish you all the very best as you share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those who await your message and pray you will have all the guidance you need as you do His work.
    Best wishes to you and your companion.
    Sister Monica Jones
    Pacific Grove, CA

    ReplyDelete