Monday, August 26, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer

Everything went awesome this week. I started living by, "What if you only had 5 days left on your mission?" By so doing, it gave me the extra motivation to listen to the Holy Ghost and to do the Lord's will-- not mine.

It's still hot and humid down here and I understand what they mean by, "the dog days of summer." They just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny.

But Saturday we were contacting some potentials in another city when again, as it did 6 days earlier in the same city, the Sprit told us to go walking. But it was hot. Both my companion and I were agitated because we just got rejected, harshly, he was tired (as always haha) and did I say it was hot and humid?! (btw it was hilarious-- my companion fell asleep in a lesson the other day and the lady noticed and said, "You fallin asleep on us, Joe?" ...No answer! Haha. He was out!)


Yea, Baby!
Anyway, we were led to this house with a bunch of kids and we started talkin with them when the mom came out on her porch and just stared at us. But we were able to meet with her for a few minutes. It was an awkward meeting because I yelled at her from the street asking if we could come up and talk with her and when we did I was looking into the sun, sweat was pouring down my face, and the kids were trying to talk to me while I was trying to talk with her. But the Spirit was there and she said we could come back. We are going to see them tonight.

Also, we met with George for the first time and he said he wants to come to church next week. It's freaky how much he reminds me of Jonny.

Gracie and Matt committed to coming to church next week. After they said we'll "try," I put a pen on the ground next to Gracie and said, "Try to pick up the pen." She picked it up but I said, "No! I didn't say to pick it up. I said 'try' to pick up the pen." She realized what I was getting to and promised to come to church next week.

And the third thing that happened.... Erica committed to a baptismal date! The 8th of September.

Just an awesome week. Long, hot, and humidy. But awesome.

Oh... and we're going on bikes this week :/


-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment