Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Spiritual "Mack Truck"

Hi Momma!
Things are picking up here in Lonoke. We've been keeping ourselves busy which I never thought would be possible down here ;)

I'm eating healthy and I am very happy.

We have been teaching quite a few people. I don't know how many are serious, but I recall my last area, Conway, where the Elders before me were teaching, "Shady Eric," that is, if he was ever there when their scheduled appointment was. But I'm so grateful for the Elders that never gave up, and I was able to see Eric baptized. Seeing that is what keeps me motivated to work with everyone-- even though they can be the shadiest people in the world. It all works out in the end if we endure.

The members here are amazing! They go out of their way to help us all the time. We don't get fed very much but they sure do their best at getting rides for us to meetings and appointments.

No, there hasn't been too much rain-- just enough to make it miserably humid. It's not too bad this week because we have a car. We get all our walking out of us between the hours of ten and twelve to avoid the real heat of the day. But even at 10 am when you open the front door the heat and humidity hits you like a Mack truck. We keep the apt at 77 degrees and that's cold to me know. It's funny to see your glasses fog up when you step out of your house or car. That shouldn't happen! ha ha.

The work has just been great. We will be getting a large print Book of Mormons for one of our investigators and I know that, even though he's not interested in changing churches, as he reads the Book of Mormon that he will be the one on the receiving end of the Mack truck-- the Spiritual Mack truck. We're good friends as well as his son and his mother who all live in the same house. Fyi: he wants to buy my bike from me at the end of my mission if I don't decide to ship it back. He wants to start riding with his son. I laughed because that is still over a year away.
I'm just happy.

Boy, from the way I've felt since I have gotten here, it just makes it that much better.

I was praying so hard and He answered. Always does. I'm thankful for downs. It helps me appreciate more. Besides, what fun would this roller coaster be if it was always up?
Love to all y'all
Elder Wheatley











No comments:

Post a Comment