Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"This work is nothing without the Lord. NOTHING!"

Hi Momma!
Overwhelmed with amazement this week in Lonoke, Arkansas. The first couple weeks I was here I thought the future of this place was so bleak. I wanted to be the lucky participant of the next emergency transfer. haha. But now... I would pummel the elder that caused me to leave this wonderfully fruitful area via emergency transfer because he couldn't control himself. Truly though, I know I'm supposed to be here.

So much has happened this week that is just so incredible, I'm having a hard time believing that it's happening here. Due to time constraints I can only give you one snippet. Yesterday, since we had saved up some miles on the car, we took our journey to Carlisle, a city not more than 8 miles out of town, to check up on some less-actives on our way to De Valls Bluff, maybe 15 miles further down the road. The GPS took us from house to house with no apparent successes as we faced repeated rejection while the doors monotonously shut in our faces.

It came to my attention that we were just going through the motions and that this mindless work would not produce any results if we continued in our humdrum ways. I also realized that in my "just doing it to do it" mind set, I had left the most important key to our success out of the picture! The Lord! I had neglected to ask Him what He wanted me to do.

Humbled, I muttered a silent prayer.

The answer hit me like lightening and electrified my soul, "We need to go Spiritual Harvesting."

Together we prayed for direction. The consequence was sweet. As we walked we past one of those apartments that you have to walk inside a door and then choose whether to go upstairs or down, a prompting came so strong that I could not shrug the feeling, "Bottom right. Bottom right."

Turns out that we met this Lady, Devin. We left a very powerful blessing on her home and when we asked if we could come back, she said, "Tomorrow."
It was such a humbling experience. My testimony is that this work is nothing without the Lord. Nothing.
Wish I could have had more time to write. I'll try better next week.
Love to all.

-Elder Wheatley
Elders Wheatley and Kowalk

No comments:

Post a Comment