Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Missionary Sunday


3/12/13: Adam's been called to Johannesburg huh? Lucky. That'll be cool.

What do they need more bleachers at PHS for? Nobody wants to watch Provo High Football. haha

That was a cool pic of the Tabernacle. Looks crazy! Can't wait to go through it!

So glad to hear you're doin well. Water makes all the difference. I'm just sick of buyin water cause the water out here tastes like bleach. Although it is convenient to just grab a bottle and not worry about washing it. So I don't know why i'm complaining. haha

I have a small crockpot so i'll try to make a small batch of that jelly/bbq meatball stuff. We made chicken and it was really good for our first time.

Speaking of jelly.... I hate this Welch's garbage! Can you send me some cannery jam please? That stuff is the best and I sure do miss it. Also.... I wouldn't mind more crunchy peanut butter. I bought some creamy stuff out here cause it was super cheap ($1.50) but it wasn't as good as crunchy and the crunchy out here runs like $4.

Well this week has been great. A lot faster than last week. It's probably cause I tried to get ready on time more.

We had some GREAT lessons! The first one with Amboline House. An old lady who we found a referral from 2010 for. She's Methodist and a very prominent in her church BUT she's been diligently tryin to read the Book of Mormon even though she doesn't really understand it. So when I finally opened my mouth to ask if she'd be baptized it took me by suprise when she said that if God told her, then she would. She said, "Well yeah. If God told me, of course I would." So i'm really hopin and prayin that she'll pray. You tell a lot of people to pray and ask about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and they just pray asking the Lord to keep us safe. So they don't really pray about what we ask them too so it's kinda difficult.

The other awesome lesson was with Fabrice. The guy that just walked into church one time wanting to know more. We met him at the church and gave him a church tour and it was the most powerful lessons i've ever taught. We answered all of his questions and we even talked to him about baptism right in front of the baptismal font with the doors open. It was a really spirit filled lesson. He is reading all sorts of literature except for the Book of Mormon. We just gotta work on that. I can't blame people. The Book of Mormon isn't the easiest book on the planet to read. It's not super hard either, it's just not very fun unless you really get into it. I have real faith that he'll get baptized though. Awesome guy. He understands almost everything. The only thing he struggles with is the literal gathering of the ten tribes on the American continant and that Heavenly Father has a physical body. But those things are so nit picky that we don't need to dwell on them so much right now. I think he'll get over those small things. He likes the feel of this church and he agrees with the "most important" doctrine so that's real good.

A black guy said he had mad respect for us white guys goin into the projects every week where there are guns and we're the only white people to visit his member wife.

It is a very sketchy and scary place but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

They are going to be taking away our car for 2 weeks at a time and putting us on a car-share with some other Elders cause we went 508 miles over our miles limit last month. It wasn't our fault that we went that far over. They made us drive up to Little Rock seven additional times.  I'm ok with biking except for the fact that we have legit investigators 20+ miles away (one way on the highway). I can't imagine how many miles it would be on the back roads. I wouldn't mind spening a day biking just to see one investigator but my companion doesn't want to. Can you blame him? haha

I'm trying to see if anything else happened this week....

Transfer calls were this mornin so i'll be here for at least 6 more weeks. I was very relieved. I didn't wanna get sent somewhere else cause there is some unfinished business I need to attend to here. Like baptizing Fabrice. I couldn't sleep at all last night. My anxiety was so high cause I was worried that I would be sent somewhere else even though they wouldn't have my companion take over this area after only one transfer. So next transfer I could possibly be leaving cause my companion could very well "die" here. He only has 3 transfers left til he dies (or in other words, till his mission is finished).

Well there is nothing else that I can think of at the moment. I'll probably think of it when I finally leave. haha

Work is doin great and so am I! The Lord is really lookin after me.

I love y'all so much and I can't wait to get back and give y'all a great big hug! I'm not trunky at all. I am excited to be serving an honorable, full 2 year mission and i'll be excited when the time comes to return home again.

-Elder Wheatley
For service this week, we helped butcher a cow who died giving birth

No comments:

Post a Comment