Monday, December 30, 2013

Truly a week of miracles!

Hi Momma!

This was truly a week of miracles! The patience and persistence finally paid off.

This week was SO fun! We worked so hard! But, it was worth it. We just went out and worked-- talking to everyone and listening to the spirit.

The highlight of this week was when we taught W the Plan of Salvation. We met her a week or so ago when we were at a grocery store buying cereal to satisfy a craving of mine. When we were checking out she said, "I remember the Elders coming over to meet with my parents when I was 8," over 20 years ago. Interesting. "Would you be interested in meeting with us again?" She readily agreed.

On our second meeting we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She said that she wants her kids to learn this. The kids were eating at the time so when they were finished, she called the older ones in and taught them! It was wonderful.

They all showed up to church and took up a whole row. We also got two other folks out-- one being her father. I think of those missionaries who taught them over 20 years ago. Although they lost contact with them due to an unfortunate turn of events-- a house fire-- and they don't remember anything that was taught, but it opened up the doors for them to accept the gospel at this time. I know now that no effort is wasted and I'm so grateful for those Elders.

The members were great in helping them feel welcomed. That and many more miracles took place this week.

At Zone Meeting President said to, "make this this Christmas one to remember." I put it in my mind that I would and we went out and worked, even if my companion was a little hesitant to knock doors on such a special day. It was something I desperately wanted to do. I screwed up last year and I didn't want to go home and regret not devoting ALL of my time and talents like I am supposed to. In turn, the Lord blessed us because we did. Both new investigators that we met came to church and I'm positive they will be baptized.
Our whole week was like that! After tracting for 6 straight hours one day, on our way back to our car, a lady pulls in front of us and asked if we were missionaries.

"Yes, ma'am," we responded. And she, with tears rolling down her face, humbly asked if we could come and teach her next week. We are going to see her tonight. Another lost investigator, a lost sheep-- Found. Christmas Miracles everywhere. A Christmas I will always remember.


-Elder Wheatley

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Way to get out there and work. The South is a beautiful place for the work to roll forward. So many people with a deep love for the Savior, they just need the fullness.

    ReplyDelete