Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"If you can stand up!"

Hi Momma!

Sounds like your week was as exciting as mine... Here's what happened:

I was supposed to stay in the tripanionship with Elder T and F but President had revelation and I am now companions with a kid from Hooper, Utah. He's cool. Really good at basketball. We'll get along great. But here's the kicker--- when President dropped him off on Wednesday he turned to us and said not to go out driving the next day. I asked if we could walk and he turned to me and said, "If you can stand up."

Lo and behold, this is our first day out since then. Luckily all my stuff was still at the PB apt so we have been there, so it hasn't been completely boring with four elders. We found things to do. haha

We went out a couple times because we couldn't stand being inside forever but it was for good reasons and we prayed about it before we went. It was to go teach lessons or help members-- so worth it.

You should have seen Walmart the night that the "biggest storm in 30 years" was supposed to hit. 20-25 minute lines, no food on the shelf-- complete madness. So fun. There we 30+ electrical trucks from Indiana sitting in the parking lot. It was supposed to be crazy! But... haha--- nothing actually happened. Kind of bummed that we were forced to sit inside all day but it was good because I was able to do some reading that I've always wanted to do-- Our Heritage, Jesus the Christ, and all the other good ones.

Anyway, the other set of elders want us to go play ball so I better run. I might hop on later. Hope and praying you start feeling better. Let me know.

Love you more,


-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment