Tuesday, December 24, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ok. Here is my week:

We met with the bishop this week to get a blessing for this work in this area as I do in every area I land in. In the blessing he strongly mentioned patience as we got this area up and going. That stuck out to me but I didn't understand why until Sunday.

The last two weeks we've had such great, spirit-filled lessons and new investigators who seemed to be so elect! We had baptismal dates and extremely strong commitments to come to church. Felt like we were helping fulfill a quote made by President Petersen, "In Pine Bluff the field is black and ready to harvest." Everything felt great.

Then Sunday came. No one to church. All dates drop. Investigators no longer interested in meeting with us.
Frustrated.

I spent a long time on my knees. I got up and go into the other room-- my companion is on his knees. That was comforting to know that we both are on the same level. We talked about it and what we can do. We spent a long time last night wrestling over what needs to be done. We felt like we were doing all we could... but, still, haven't seen the results.

Today in companion study we read over what it means to be a successful missionary. We learned that, yes, we were doing what we needed to be doing. As always there were places to improve but for the most part we were doing what was right. But the most important thing I learned-- re-learned rather-- was that it's not the number of baptisms or souls to church, but my individual commitment to do the work.

I determined then that I'm still going to set goals. I am still going to be bold but loving with everyone I meet. I am still going to invite everyone I meet to baptism. I am baduber off. But overall, I am going to substitute the word frustrated-- with patient.

-Elder Wheatley

still going to work my

As for skype, if we can find someone, I will get on at 7 your time. 8 my time. hope that works! :)
Yes! I did get the gingersnaps! SO YUMMY! (I almost lied and said no about gettin em. I think you know why)
I Love You More!

-Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment