Monday, November 25, 2013

A transfer, a transfer...to Pine Bluff!

NOTE FROM THE MOMMA:  I had heard that the area he was being transferred to was a rougher area and so, of course, being the neurotic Momma that I am, I was concerned...this was his email this afternoon to me:

Hey Momma! So before I start we need to get some things straight...
1) When I was told I was leaving I felt extreme peace and actual happiness. I loved Lonoke but it was time to go. Why not end it while things are still good??
2) I'm stoked to be down here. I know that the Lord needs me in the places he sends me therefore it would be pointless to be discouraged. I mean, I didn't want to go to Lonoke but everything went good when I got there. So I'm optimistic here.
3) While, yes, technically, I'm in the Pine Bluff ward, I'm serving in the White Hall area. So much nicer and safer. We got cool missionaries serving in Pine Bluff and they are helping us out in every way. This is a brand new area so-- no preconceived notions. It's awesome! I love it and super stoked to be here!

All is well, Mom :)  Note from Mom: Yes, he knows me well ;)

2) As for my comp... He's Elder Gottipati. He's just gonna be here til next Monday, finishing up his training before he goes to India for his actual mission. Really cool kid. We're getting along great... He was just baptized a year ago. So cool huh? It's fun having to teach him the ins and outs of not just missionary work but Mormonism too. He's so enthusiastic and it helps motivate me to get out and do work and not let him down but to make his mission experience even better.

SO... all is well. We are having great success in finding. It's hard because it is a new area and all you can do is knock doors, and you know how effective that can be, and it's colder than ever it seems, but I'm optimistic and happy happy happy.

LOVE YOU MORE!


-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment