Monday, June 3, 2013

Most spiritual week on my mission...

So this week has probably been the most spiritual week on my mission.

It all started in district meeting when Elder Mortensen asked me to give a quick thought. The Spirit had me give a 5 minute lesson instead. It was pretty incredible. Not me-- the Spirit.

"Oh my goodness --  he DID learn something at home!"  BASEBOARD CLEANING!
On the way out to the car, after the meeting, we both felt like we needed to go back in and attend the funeral that was going on for a lady in our ward. Everyone thanked us for being there (built some great rapport) and the husband of the lady who passed came up to me, took my hand in his, looked me in the eyes and said, "I love you, Elder." That alone made it worth it, but it gets better. Not only did we get a free lunch and the left overs (fist pump) but we met the grandson from California who wants to take the lessons and be baptized! Crazy thing, he was Atheist and wanted nothing to do with the church before. He had taken the lessons before but nothing came. Her death brought this family together like you wouldn't believe. You can tell that God had something cookin up the entire time. It truly was her time to go. 

The Spirit was SO strong on Tuesday. And it carried with us the rest of the day. Man, it's just been so incredibly strong this entire week! I don't even know how to really describe it. I know it's because i've invited it. I've been striving to be meek (not let little things bother me) and it's been because i'm trying to be more "exactly obedient" which is hard for me. Haha. But it's proven worth it. So worth it.

Let me tell you about what happened this weekend. We went on exchanges two nights in a row. I stayed 
What more can I say?
here both times. Saturday night we went to teach Brad (the grandson) again. Third lesson in four nights. I had no clue what to teach. But I went in confident and relying on the Spirit and I'll tell you what-- the Spirit taught. I simply opened my mouth and the words poured out. Most amazing thing in the entire world. At the end of the lesson, Brad looks at me and says, "You're the best missionary I've ever met."  Made my whole mission.

I just love this opportunity to be out here and become reconverted every day as I see others growing in the gospel and in spirit.


-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment