Monday, June 24, 2013

Follow the Spirit


Hi Momma!

This week was "slower" than the past few weeks in Conway but it was still very productive as I stayed diligent.

With three baptized since i've been here we are now low on investigators. Time to find!

Finding is a missionary's least favorite "chore." I used to feel that Finding was a monotonous motion to go through but as we are truly in-tune with the Spirit. It is not a chore, it's an exciting treasure hunt!

The approach we use, Spiritual Harvesting, has proven to work. What we do is as we feel prompted to go down a particular street we listen to the Spirit tell us which house to knock on. We introduce ourselves as representatives of Jesus Christ and inform them that we felt inspired to knock on their door to leave the Savior's peace and blessings upon their home. We ask if we could come in to leave that blessing. Once we're in is when we work our magic. We get to know them, find out what they need, etc. Before the prayer we invited them to pay attention to the feeling they receive as we pray. After the prayer we ask them how they felt. We explain that that feeling was the spirit and show them how they can have that feeling stronger and with them always.

It works-- as we listen to the spirit guide us of course.

The other day we were looking at our map and I felt inspired to Spiritual Harvest down a street called, Rushing Circle. As we walked down the street I felt this huge pull towards a particular house and as I looked up at my companion he was staring that same house down. We decided to hit up that house last on our way back.

There we met a middle aged man, Glenn. I thought his name was Glancer at first because when I asked his name he said, "Glenn, Sir." Haha.

When we knelt down for prayer you could feel the Spirit envelop the room. He was so excited and HE asked us, "When can you come back?"

Next visit, on Thursday, we felt inspired to give him a bible and Book of Mormon. He was stoked. "My very own bible! My first King James bible!" And when we explained the Book of Mormon and how they were equal, he put them level with each other on his lap and he froze for a split second. He said I just got a chill down my whole body! He said i'll take the Book of Mormon with me to work and read it on my breaks.

I'm so glad we were able to meet Glenn. He has definitely been prepared for this time. I'm stoked too!

I loved the Broadcast last night! I'm so glad you went! It was just as good as General Conference. So inspiring! I wish everyone could have watched it. Nothing really new was said but it sure invited the spirit and got me fired up.

I loved L.Tom Perry's soccer analogy. We need to know our position so that we aren't caught  playing "bunch-ball." haha.

And Boyd K. Packer saying, "It comes when you start."

Maybe this week WAS better than I gave credit for! haha. 20/20 hindsight

I love you more!

Don't know how long i'll be on cause a member (with investigator!) is taking us hiking today and we gotta go shop before we leave!

Love you, love you, love you all!!!!!!!

-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment