Monday, June 17, 2013

My Joy is Full...


Momma!

I've been trying to find the right words for how I am feeling today but I keep finding myself deleting and retyping and if it continues for much longer time will run out-- so i'll just type and hope it sounds good.

Late Friday night I got this phone call from our investigator, Brad.

Brad (18 years old) is the kid from California who we met at his Grandmother's funeral about a month ago. He decided that he needed to stay here permanently and take the lessons.

First off, I gotta tell you, this kid is the greatest. We were definitely friends in the pre-mortal existence. He has a magnificent grasp on the spirit and listens to it incredibly well.

He decided that he wanted to be baptized but was going to wait til his dad could come back out from California.
My friend, Brad Gregersen

Back to this phone call... He says, "Elder Wheatley. I want to get baptized ASAP and I want you to do it." I was blown away. Neither me or my companion could go to bed after that. The spirit was so strong in that call we just stayed up and partied and gave thanks to Heavenly Father.

So Sunday after church I had to blessing to baptize my friend Brad. Most spiritual experience ever.

In the changing room I asked how it felt. He said, "Oh, I felt it! I'm still feelin it!"

Then I asked him, "You wanna know how you can feel the Spirit even stronger than you do now?"

"How?"

"Go on a mission."

The response was the best, "Oh, i'm already planning on it." He continued to tell me that the other day, I had told him a story about me not listening to the spirit and the negative consequence that ensued and that because of that story (in which the spirit told me to tell) he knew that he needed to serve a mission.

Mom, my joy is full.

I don't know how I could be any happier.

I feel completely at one. Peace. Love.

This week has just been amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky as to be in this beautiful city at this marvelous time and have the blessing to reap the harvest. This is true happiness.

-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment