Monday, April 29, 2013

Lovin' Conway


Good mornin Momma!

First of all I have to say, "ZIGGY!!!!" That's sick! I can't believe it! Well I can but... ZIGGY!!! I'm stoked to hear he got picked up by a semi-decent team. The Lions "D" is gonna be sick! Suh and Ziggy! Watch out!

Anyway, back to missionary work....

Conway. Yes. It's great! It's super nice here-- I like it so far. And the members in this ward are great! Yes, I said ward. It's weird saying ward again. I kinda like the homey feel of a branch family. There are two wards here and 3 sets of missionaries. Only one set in our ward. Thank heavens! And the people here are legit! A lot more open to listening to us. A lot of Catholics but instead of insulting us they just say, "Thank you but i'm comfortable with where i'm at. But thank you!" So I like them. haha

My companion is Elder Mortensen from Hyrum. We work very well together and we get along great and I think i'm startin to sound like him now. haha

So the coolest thing so far was, Alan, that had gone to church last sunday, we only taught him for the first time two days ago, and he has a baptismal date for this coming saturday (the 4th). So cool! You can really see how the Lord has prepared him for this time. And I know that i'm supposed to be here at this moment. It's great. Alan, (30 years old), is a triathlete and really cool. He reminds me of my friend Shumway in how quite/ humble he is but at the same time he is very chatty and receptive to everything we have to say. He's just way cool. He said that he had been praying about religion and what church to join and he said that that night he had a dream about Indians. So when we read through the intro to the Book of Mormon with him and read the part about how the Nephites/Lamanites are the principle ancestors of the Native Americans he about fell out his chair. You could see it in his eyes that he instantly knew this was "it." It was an awesome experience and i'm so glad I was here to witness this life changing moment.

A greatest reassurance was that at church yesterday he was tellin everyone he knew that he was gonna get baptized on Saturday. Wow.

The members are pretty great. They are willing to go out with us a lot which is a big help. We have baptisms planned for each of the next three weeks. I like the pace of this place. We are here to work and that's what we're doin. I like it.

Wish I could stay here and write back and forth but we have a full plate today.

Talk to ya next week. I'll get on to set up a time with you for skype.

Love you more Momma!

-Elder Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment