Monday, April 1, 2013

Crossing the Platte River


Work wise this week was slower than normal so it felt. But it went by super fast and that's how I judge whether or not it was a good week. haha. We saved up a lot of miles so we were able to drive a ton this last week so I think that is why it felt different. Didn't have to walk a billion miles every day. haha. But it was still very productive.

We had the opportunity to talk with many different people on the streets this week but it was kinda frustrating because of how ignorant, naive, and closed they are. They say that they know the bible but they really only know what their preacher said. We'll show them what the bible actually says but it doesn't help cause they just come up with some foolish rebuttal.

I may not know the bible like others do but when i'm trapped i'm not gonna act like I do.

Just funny. Really, in the end, i'm not mad, I just feel bad for them.

Now for the funny stuff.

Monday night we went to the Light's house. Guess what's for dinner??? --Zuppa Toscano. Yeah. haha. How bout that?! Freakin good fyi. But you already know.


Sister Bock dropped off breakfast for us one morning.  Been over five months since I've had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios!

 
Next, we followed up on a guy we found contacting. His name is Nathan. Cool guy about 45 years old. He was outside smoking a brisket and it smelt SO GOOD! I stood right next to the smoker the whole time breathing through my nose of course. We talked for a while and in the middle of our discussion, which was goin great by the way, he ask us if we had seen the show about us. I'm like, "Uh-oh.... What show?"

He went on to tell us about how we have a show about us and members of the mob and how our women wear bonnets and how we used to drive buggies but now we drive Cadillacs and all that jazz.

We started laughing and told him that that was the Amish. Not the Mormons. But he didn't believe us! haha. He was sure it was Mormons. And no matter how many times we told him he wouldn't believe. He said that we were probably just to young to remember. haha.

So finally he just called his friend who watched the shows with him and his friend told him that it was the Amish and not the Mormons. Haha. So we were able to finish the discussion. He said he loves to pray and that he'll read the Book of Mormon. He had beer laying around but he said he knows it's bad so that's a good start. He sure is a fun guy to talk to. Super nice and willing to meet with us. He said he saw us walking around a few times and as he passed he said to the people he was with, "Those are my boys!"


Elders Wheatley, Anglen, Kowalk and Clouse sporting the "cool" old school suits that were hanging in their front closet' having problems posting the other two, so will post them in a separate post.
 
On Tuesday we had district meeting in Hot Springs. We take the Elders from Hope with us. Cool guys. But before we left they noticed the old suit coats in the front closet and as you would expect, we HAD to wear them to district meeting. haha. I'll attach photos. (You're welcome. haha)
What my feet looked like after being soaked from the rainstorm on Easter Sunday
 

We eventually tore off the arms and again we HAD to now take boy band pictures. haha.

But everything went great this week. We even had the opportunity to perform service by helping people into the building Sunday morning when a suprise storm hit and poured rain hard. We held umbrellas over them as they got out of their cars and into the church. We got soaked! It was like I jumped into a pool in my clothes. But it was totally worth it. The people compared it to the Platt River crossing in fast and testimony meeting. Kinda funny and cool. Fun experience. Sister Bock told me again to tell you that you raised me right. So thanks Mom and Dad!

Well I think that's all. Maybe I sould tell y'all that I now have the same reputation as dad has.... I eat tons! They don't know how I do it or where I put it. It's funny. They always joke about how I eat so freakin much. haha

Elder Dan Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment