Monday, April 29, 2013

Conway, Arkansas -- Ready or not, here I come!

Hey Momma!

Sorry about not bein able to write yesterday. As you know, I'm getting transfered and leave tomorrow. The only problem was we had no way to even get up to transfers! They took away our car and then when we asked how we were gonna get up to North Little Rock, in a nut shell, told us, "we don't know" and to, "figure it out." haha. Not kidding!

So yesterday mornin we had to hitch a ride up to Bismark where we could catch a ride with Doug up to Hot Springs, played ball with the Elders until we could get the car from the Sisters who just so happen to be the ONLY missionaries within 90 miles of us who are not being transferred and won't NEED their car. So we have their car now for two days. The sisters are awesome! I am so happy to have a car! It took a lot of anxiety away knowing that I would be able to go say goodbye to Doug and Bridgette and Georgie and Bianca.

Packing sucks. haha. I have WAY tooooooo much stuff. haha. At least I don't have to worry about the weight limit this time. It's actually not that bad. I started a couple days ago cause I figured i'd be leaving. So the stress of packing has been absent. Thank heavens. Really.

My friend just got called back to his first area again were he was, "a punk" and is scared about what the members will think of him even though he says he's changed so much and, "isn't that kid anymore."

I was and am so happy to have been able to stay in this area after my first companion cause I wanted to gain the trust of the members so bad and show them who I really was and that i'm not my companion's mini me.

It's been great and i'm so thankful for the time i've been able to spend here, the growth i've made (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and unfortunately physically), the lives i've had the opportunity to affect, and the life-long friends i've made.

I really love the people here with all my heart and have mixed emotions about leaving but I love the Lord more and trust in his guidance for where I need to be at this time.

I learned another lesson the other day when we were walking the streets. We saw this guy working around his truck. His ridin lawn mower on his trailor-- I think he was fixin to leave. I went up to him and started a conversation. I didn't get too deep cuz in my mind I stereo-typed him and just saw him as every other person we had met this week and didn't have any faith that our conversation would go anywhere-- even though it JUST started and we hadn't even discussed gospel principles or doctrines. Stupid I know! Even worse, I thought the guy was cool and classy in the way he accepted us and talked with us (listening to instead of telling us) but I still just handed him a card and was about to just walk away.

As I was making a 180 to head back to the street I heard my companion start asking him if he had heard of the Book of Mormon before. My 180 turned into a 360 and I listened as he started to describe what the book was.

As my companion spoke I saw an interest starting to grow in this guy's eyes. I got excited and joined in. The guy, Ronnie, was understanding every word we spoke and he seemed so stoked about the book. He even said, "I want to read that! Can I get one?"

Awesome.

Lesson learned. And you can bet i'm not gonna just give up on someone ever again just because of what others have done.

Well.... 6 months down. 18 to go. Lovin every minute of it.

Love you more than food. haha
-Elder Wheatley

 
LOVE YOU MORE!

P.S.!!!! I know where I am going!!! I just found out on the computer as I was reporting numbers. It looks like i'll be heading to Conway. That is on "this side" thank goodness! And my companion from what I hear is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment