Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!

Conference was great! And you aren't kiddin when you say it goes fast. I just loved having the opportunity to hear the words of the Prophet and the Apostles. It sure was a HUGE spiritual "upper." My favorite speaker was L. Whitney Clayton. He spoke on Marriage. That hit really hard even though marriage is two years or so away. I just thought it was awesome and I wanna frame that talk and put it in my home when I get married.

District Meeting and Elder Clouse's last District Meeting

I also enjoyed my boy Boyd's talk about needing to protect our nest and his warning to be careful of the tolerence trap.

We were, however, able to watch General Conference at a member's house on Saturday. So nice to watch in comfort and with the advantage of DVR to rewind and pause when interuptions occur. We slept over the night before (with permission from El Presidente of course) because we taught their friends the night before and it was too far to drive us back. Oh yeah.... we don't have a car. It finally got taken. The Elders in Camden said they had a baptism so that's why they needed it. But of course, it fell through. So we've been biking and bumming rides. I love biking but not if I have to do it inside a toaster oven. I'm sweating after putting my helmet on. Ridiculous....and it's not even July yet..... :/
After a very long day of biking!

I think our investigator, Fabrice, liked conference. He was only able to make it to the Sunday morning session. But I think his allergies got the better of him.

Other than that, Arkadelphia is doin well. We are able to talk to a lot of people on the street but a lot of people just wanna tell us what and who we are and what we believe. But I don't let it bother me. Good experiences I guess. We are hanging onto the few investigators we have and trying to work with them while trying, while we can, to expand our investigator pool. Seems like they are heading in the right direction-- towards baptism. I just need to practice patience and, "trust in His timing" like Richard G. Scott said.

I wish I could remember how the rest of the week went. General Conference was just so awesome that everything else pales in comparrison.

On Wednesday we had the blessing of Brother Haygood being generous enough to drive us down to Gurdon to help teach Kenny.

Today was cool. The Bocks brought over their rake and lawn mower for us. Our lawn no longer looks like a jungle. Believe it or not we found a turtle under all the leaves! And it was alive! We gave it to our next door neighbors who just moved in. Speaking of the neighbors, after he saw us mowing another neighbors lawn (she offered us money but obviously we can't accept so she agreed in exchange to continue taking lessons) he came over and asked if we were a lawn service and asked if we could mow his next week. After a brief explanation that we were missionaries and couldn't accept money he offered dinner in exchange. I agreed and we talked for a little bit about who we are. I think we'll have a new investigator soon! He's really cool and is familiar with the church.

Never knew Aaron Sabins was here. Maybe I'll get to see him.

Anyway. I'm doin great!

Tell Durrell to get better and that he doesn't need to take it so hard when Barca loses in the Copa Del Rey to CR7, the 19 year old French sensation Raphael Varane, and the Mighty Real Madrid.
(info thanks to Aaron Malpica).  Ha ha 

I love you all! (y'all)

Elder Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment