Monday, October 6, 2014

I love it, Mom. I really do

This week was great. It's so nice to be working with these guys who have an actual desire to work. 

Elder W got his Visa and will be heading to Brazil the same day I leave so Elder B will be taking over the area. This is what we figured he was coming in for. It's been a pleasure to work with both of them.

Surprisingly, to me, and my companions, I'm not trunky yet. I love this work. I sent this to AW earlier today,

"Not looking forward to the transition from set apart missionary to normal human but I know that as I keep performing my daily duties of discipleship (prayer, scripture study, etc) the Lord will help me make the switch and keep me strong. I love this work. You know how it is. Can't really describe the spiritual high that I get every time someone accepts doctrinal truths." 

I love it, Mom. I really do.

B-day-- I had a great Bday! We spent it working and I was able to teach one of the best lessons of my life with a lady outside her house. I can't help but feel that that was the Lord saying, "Happy Birthday, My friend!"

Brother S was the one that sent those photos. He's awesome. Car, Sleeping Arrangements, Cell Phone, Etc.-- 

I was thinking a little while ago about getting things set for work and school. I have a pretty solid idea on everything but not gonna really let it occupy my mind. I'll present my ideas to you when I get home. No need to worry about it until then. Focusing on the mission! (Figured it out for the cell phone though-- I don't want a smart phone. I was taught by a very wealthy man out here, "When making important decisions, ask yourself, 'Is it a want or a need?' " And I don't want it or need it. I also hate touch screens.)

FHE-- Do it when you can but don't put it off. If Sam's not home do it anyway. What a wonderful bonding moment it will be for you and the old man.

PMG-- I love PMG! I'm glad I figured out how to use it more effectively down here. It's made the difference. We'll definately have to use it. It's a great tool.

Kris-- Tell him I said I am SO excited for him. This is going to be the best decision he's ever made! You don't really understand why until you're here; but it doesn't take long to figure out. So stoked for him.

LOVE YOU MORE, MOMMA!


-Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment