Monday, September 22, 2014

"Fully Invested"

Hi Momma!

This was a good week. I wish I could remember all that happened but I am COMPLETELY mind blank. Sorry. All I know is that the week went very well, Gary was baptized, and life is good. Gary is the coolest person ever. He is someone I've learned lots from. He is not a respecter of persons and does things that he knows to be right, not just doing what the world says. I'm excited to see him progress even more in the gospel. He is going to be a great asset for this ward.

I'm reminded every day of how many days I have left. The adversary keeps telling me that I've worked hard for 23 months and that I'm allowed to relax and has given me every reason and opportunity to take a break. I'm tired, everything makes me nostalgic for things back home, and there is now no one solid in our investigator pool. BUT... it's not over til it's over. (that's something you taught me, Momma). I'm not gonna slow down.

The weather outside makes me feel SO good. I just wanna throw a football around with some friends. I am happy to hear about BYU and I want to go to a game SO bad but I am happy I'm here and wouldn't trade it for anything (though a byu ticket would be tempting jk).  Momma's side note: He doesn't realize we have tickets for him for two games when he gets home!

Life's just a roller coaster at this point-- I'm happy on some days and completely drained and ready for Provo the next. But I just gotta keep truckin. I'd like to finish my mission strong so that I can say that I have no regrets. I am gonna take on the motto from BYU football a few years ago, "Fully Invested."

I do love this work. How blessed I am to have this opportunity to devote, strictly, this time to the Lord. I am eternally grateful.

-Elder Wheatley


the photo is of Gary and Elder Durham who baptized him

No comments:

Post a Comment