Monday, September 15, 2014

"I will be forever grateful"

Hey Momma!

Short one today because there is not much to say.

Things are great.

Got my new companion. Elder W. He's a Visa waiter and I met him his first day when they were passing through Pine Bluff. His companion used to serve there so he was showing us some people he used to teach. What a blessing to be able to serve with him. He's someone I know and we are getting along great. He's been out for eight months so he knows what he's doing. 

As for the work, it's SO slow! But we feel good and confident in the Lord and the blessings He will provide as we work hard.

One HUGE blessing is that G is getting baptized on Saturday the 20th! Everyone is so excited for him. He requested that Elder D, a missionary who served here awhile ago, baptize him and I confirm. I'll send you a picture of the 3 of us. I really like him. He's going to be a great member.

On the night of the 20th, I'll be going down to Conway to see the baptism of another G, who I taught last year, and who Elder D is currently teaching. haha.

We had Stake Conference and after the Saturday session I was almost in tears because I reconnected with members from various wards, realized how many friends I've made with fellow missionaries, and it hit me how short of time I actually have left. A week ago I was "antsy to come home trunky" but now I realize how much I love it here. But I'm sure once we start working again and doors start slamming I'll be ready. haha.

I love the things that have taken place the last two years. I've learned the gospel in a way that has opened my eyes and makes me want to be a better man. I have met life long friends, learned lessons, and gained insights that I could have in no other way but by serving. I will forever be grateful.

-Elder Wheatley


ps... I love you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment