Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dull knife analogy

Hi Momma!
I just wrote a note to Rach which pretty much sums up my week so you'll have to ask her to see it. We have been Spiritual Harvesting (or Tracting) all day, every day. Nothing is really going for us. I should have realized that the Lord was gonna give me a big test sooner or later. It takes a lot of patience. Especially with self. At least I have a great companion who is putting up with slow work.

I feel like sometimes I am too missionary minded. I want everybody to join the church right now! Yes, definitely need some patience. But it's hard realizing what I have and knowing how weak these people's excuses are, "Raised Baptist, always gonna be Baptist." It's like, "Open your eyes!"

It's the dull knife analogy-- if you use a dull knife for long enough you're gonna think it's sharp. And until you use an actually sharp knife, you'll never know what you're missing. So... you should know with you're beyond repair cutco knives. ;)

It's a trial I am happy to conquer. Another opportunity to grow! Just gotta look for the silver lining and keep steppin.

I love you MORE!

-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment