Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Another week chalked up...


Quick e-mail tonight... Hope it's enough. I just wasted our whole day cleaning because this apt was filthy! I think the mission prez is gonna send me to every dirty place just so that I can clean it. Elders are nasty, man. It's like none of em had mothers teach em anything! haha. My momma taught me right :)

So as you know, i'm in Lonoke! It's a small town again but it is a very great place for missionary work. This last week we had 25 lessons! We've met a lot of cool people. A lot of potential. It's gonna take a lot of work though. Skeeters (mosquitoes), heat, humidity. That's Lonoke. I changed my shirt and socks 3 times one day! But it was worth it because we saw so many.

I'm follow-up training. This Elder's name is Elder Cassler from Orem. He's gonna be a great missionary. He's got a lot to learn but he learns quick and is open to learning. We're getting along great!

We met a guy named H.... He's been researchin the church since '92 and believe all we believe. We had a discussion with him about the Plan of Salvation and he got super excited about the pre-mortal existence. We showed him Rev. 12 about the war in heaven and he was so interested that he had us walk with him over to his friend's house who was currently studying Revelations. I thought, "Crap... this person is gonna know more than me and say something that would turn Harrell away." But you wouldn't believe it! We knew more, due to the Holy Ghost filling my mind and mouth. We were able to teach them and they thought it was very interesting. They never were taught what we taught them... and it was all out of the bible! btw did I tell you how cool the bible is? EVERYTHING we believe is in there! It boggles my mind why folks don't see that-- even if we show it to them. It's sad actually. The devil has such a grasp on them. Even more sad, he knows this is the true church and he wants to join and go to the temple cause he understands it all but, "he doesn't want to give up this vices," (cigarettes). I don't even get it. ridiculous. haha. But we're gonna work with him.

Well i'm gonna hop off cause Elder Cassler needs to e-mail his fam.

Stoked to be here!

Love you more!

-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment