Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Holy Ghost Doesn't Stay Out After Dark Here

Hey Momma!

Just a quick note so that you know how I'm doin. Things are great!

We worked all day deep in Pine Bluff and loved every minute of it. People would've thought we were crazy for going there but I didn't feel the slightest bit scared because I knew that that is where the Lord wanted us to be. We weren't there after dark. That played a factor. Holy Ghost doesn't stay out after dark here. Anyway, so many people were receptive to the gospel and we found some solid folks.

We found a guy from the Marshall Islands earlier this week. Cool thing was-- a week earlier I found a Marshallese Book of Mormon in the other elder's apartment. It was really cool how the Spirit took over in our lesson. At first it was hard to even understand all that he said and us to him. But by the end we mutually understood each other like we both spoke the same language.

He had seen missionaries in the Marshall Islands before but his grandparents told him that we worshiped Joseph Smith. After explaining the apostasy and the restoration you could tell a light turned on in his head. "So Joseph Smith is a prophet. He's a prophet. I know it!" It was awesome!!

He was so thankful that he offered us a cup of coffee before we left.
Next up: Word of Wisdom!

Only problem is that this guy works on Sundays and his schedule is unpredictable the rest of the week.... We'll figure it out.

Basketball with Prez was really fun! I never have seen him in that light before. He just seemed happy. 

All in all: a really great week. A real turning point for me. I was gettin a little trunky and lazy a week or so ago but noticed what I was doing, or wasn't doing, and turned it around.

I Love YOU More!!!!!


-Elder Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment