Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"It's about time, young man!"

Didn't hear from Dan until later last evening and that had me worried due to the horrific tornadoes heading toward him.  His first email to me said, "Mom's thoughts right about now, "It's about time young man!"  He was right!  I told him I was worried about the tornadoes in the area and he said, "shoot. i wrestled one of them yesterday.... showed him who his daddy was. thanks bro miller."  He had me laughing and, as he knows, once he gets me laughing, he's got me :)  Well, then he said, "I've never actually seen a tornado yet.  Kind of a bummer but it's a good bummer."  Silly boy!

Here is the rest of his "short" email this week:


Really though I am sorry it's taken so long. Crazy busy day. We even have to get to a lesson in a couple minutes. It really rubs me the wrong way when I can't write a full letter to ya. But there is work to be done and this mission is only for a short while. Sacrifices need to be made. I'm just sorry you have to be on the end where you don't get a real good length e-mail. But I think next week will be better.

Not much to talk about this week. we've been doin a lot of "finding." hasn't worked out too well. although... it has been fun. besides this wet-air business. the other day we went up to these people on their porch and right as we were about to leave (didn't say much, just handed them a card cause Mort was on the phone) their little 6 year old started askin me question about what we do. super funny kid. then he started askin me if I could dribble the basketball that was on the ground on my knees. I figured he ment juggle it so that's what I did. He thought it was pretty cool. Then I told him I could spin it and when I did that his face lit up! then he wanted me to dribble between my legs. so I did that and he was lovin it. Nothin came of it but it made "finding" and my day so much more enjoyable.

sorry not much but I gotta run.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Elder Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment