Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tired... but not giving up...

Hey Momma!

This week-- tired.

I've been doing the best I can. I'm working hard, being obedient but nothing has been changing. Yet, I hope. I've always been optimistic. I think of Pine Bluff where we went two whole transfers with hardly anything and then BOOM! But even knowing that, it's still frustrating when you're wearing yourself out day in and day out and not seeing any results; and the joy of the satisfaction of working hard is wearing off. 

This is what I love about my mission: I learn to do hard things. Even with no rewards I learn how to have patience, determination, perseverance when it really doesn't matter. It matters, yes, but I'm talking about: my house isn't about to foreclose or my kids aren't going wayward. You know what I mean? It's hard. And for what-- myself?? No. For others. It's an incredible feeling. I can't see anything changing day by day (like braces straightening teeth) but I know the end result will be great. So, yes, it's hard. I'm ready to take a break. Some days October 21st can't come soon enough. I'm tired. But I will endure to the end.
Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

I love ya more!

-Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment